Navigate quickly

Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (Fisheries)

Location: Port of Pearls House, 401 Port Drive, Broome, WA, 6725


In Western Australia you need a "Fishing from Boat" licence if you are fishing from a boat or using a boat to get to your fishing location. You also need a licence for each of these individually licenced activities; net fishing (haul set and throw), rock lobster, abalone, marron or south-west freshwater angling. Visit for fishing licences as well as access to the latest fishing rules and regulations for WA. This includes size & bag limits, possession limits, seasons and gear restrictions.