There's always something to see in Broome
It is easy to slip into Broome Time with stunning resorts, gourmet food, cultural festivals, Aboriginal tours and once-in-a-lifetime adventures to enjoy by land, sea or sky.
Below are some of the experiences you can enjoy in Broome.
- Browse our Broome Experiences
- Book a First Nations tour
- Get active with Watersports & Adventure
- Download our Visiting Broome with Children guide
- Enjoy our Museums & Art Galleries
- Shop up a storm at our Pearl and Jewellery Showrooms
- Take a ride on the Broome Tram
- Browse our local and regional events calendar
- Download the Explore Broome App
- See the highlights of Broome
- Learn more about Travelling with Dogs
Eat, Drink & Enjoy
There is a wide variety of places to enjoy different cuisines in Broome, from fine dining in a Cable Beach resort to local fusion food in Broome's Chinatown.
- Discover Broome Restaurants, Eateries and Cafés and start your list of local food and drink venues to visit when you arrive.
Browse Jewellery and Pearl Showrooms
Enjoy some of the best Broome pearl and jewellery shopping in the country. Broome has several showrooms in the newly revitalised Chinatown shopping precinct, as well as two pearl farms offering pearl shopping, pearl tours and experiences celebrating our unique pearling history. Broome produces some of the finest South Sea Pearls. We are sure you will love to join one of the pearl experiences in Chinatown or a pearl farm tour when you visit Broome.
Shopping in Broome
Broome is famous for the huge selection of pearl and jewellery showrooms. Chinatown offers museums and art galleries that showcase amazing Indigenous art and various local artists, photography studios, bookstores and we have two major shopping centres, Primewest Broome Boulevard and Paspaley Plaza.
We invite you to take a wander around the shops in Chinatown, the popular weekend Broome Courthouse markets, Staircase to the Moon Market or pop into the Broome Visitor Centre.
Download the Explore Broome App
A new interactive tool will help residents and visitors to Explore Broome’s major precincts, learn about the town’s history and discovery our major attractions.
After collaborating with major local stakeholders for over a year, the Shire of Broome has released the Explore Broome app in August 2021. The app features interactive self-guided walking trails for the Town Beach and Chinatown precincts, while also linking to existing apps and sources of information.
- Download the Explore Broome app (this includes the link to Dinosaur Tracks app)
Visit Streeter's Jetty and take a walk around Chinatown
Streeter's Jetty is an iconic Broome location and it is great to visit at different times to see the difference the local tides make. When the tide is out, you can see the mudflats, and then compare it again at high tide to see the beautiful waters of Roebuck Bay contrast with the mangroves and nearby scenery. Take in the views of the buildings around Chinatown to appreciate the history of this location.