It’s bucket-list stuff and if you’re after an action-packed adventure with a wow factor that’s off the scale, have a look at our exciting options for memorable Horizontal Falls tours, including the Broome to Cape Leveque Tour, Horizontal Falls Day tours and Horizontal Falls Tours from Derby.
2021 season looks to be quite busy, so if you are planning to tour this year, it is a good idea to book ahead.
The Broome Visitor Centre can assist with your booking or you can make a booking online and the BVC staff will follow up to arrange your marine park access fees (these are not included in the tour pricing).
------ HALF DAY TOURS ------
HORIZONTAL FALLS TOUR EX BROOME
Scenic seaplane flights. Heart-pumping fast boat rides through the breath-taking Horizontal Falls. The views are jaw-dropping. The experience is priceless. The Broome to Horizontal Falls half-day tour with the choice of a morning or afternoon departure lets you experience the incredible Horizontal Falls and the pristine beauty of the Kimberley at a time that suits you. Enjoy low level flying over the amazing islands of the Buccaneer Archipelago and Cape Leveque before your seaplane lands safely in the calm waters of Talbot Bay right near the Horizontal Falls.
Then enjoy a thrilling ride on the fastest boat in the Kimberley through the waterfalls, followed by a laid-back island cruise. Return to our luxury houseboat for a freshly prepared meal.
Return to Broome on the seaplane to complete your memorable Horizontal Falls seaplane adventure.
Our half-day tours from Broome give you the flexibility to experience the amazing spectacle of the Horizontal Falls and the beautiful Kimberley on your terms. The tour duration is six hours but you’ll get a lifetime of memories!
- Departures in the morning or afternoon.
- A courtesy bus will collect you from your accommodation *residential or Airbnb pickups are unavailable.
- Climb aboard our 14 seat turbo prop jet seaplane at Broome airport.
- Be amazed at how spectacular the views are when you fly at a lower level.
- Enjoy an exhilarating water landing in Talbot Bay.
- Trust your experienced skipper to guide your fast boat on an incredible thrill ride through the Horizontal Falls.
- Sit back and relax as you cruise through spectacular untouched bays and creeks.
- Swim in the clear warm waters of the Indian Ocean in the safety of our marine viewing enclosure. Get up close to the local marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Enjoy a cooked breakfast or lunch of fresh barramundi on the BBQ lunch on board our luxury houseboat.
- Cameras at the ready as you take off from Talbot Bay on the return leg of your Broome day tour.
- Gasp at the breath-taking beauty as you fly low across the Buccaneer Archipelago, Cape Leveque, Lombadina, Beagle Bay, Willie Creek Pearl Farm, Cable Beach and Broome township prior to landing.
- Return to your accommodation on our Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures' courtesy bus.
- $865-880 per adult
- $750 per child (4 - 12 years)
- $2895-2925 family (2ad+2ch)
MORNING TOUR (including breakfast)
5.30am pick-up returning around 11.15am
Tour Name: 5H Horizontal Falls Morning Tour
or 5H Horizontal Falls Afternoon Tour
HORIZONTAL FALLS TOUR EX DERBY
This Kimberley day tour from Derby is perfect for the time-savvy traveller. It’s six hours of pure amazement.
Limited time to tour but still want the best Kimberley and Horizontal Falls experience? Our Kimberley day tour from Derby is perfect for the time-savvy traveller. It’s six hours of pure amazement.
Fly directly from Derby on a seaplane to the Horizontal Falls where you’ll meet our expert skipper for an exhilarating fast boat ride through the narrow gorges. After the adrenalin rush, wind down with a relaxed cruise, lunch and swim in the turquoise calm of Talbot Bay before boarding the seaplane for another low-level scenic flight back to Derby.
This six-hour tour is perfect for adventurers who want to pack it all in.
- Take advantage of our courtesy bus which will pick up from your accommodation at 8.15am.
- Board our 14 seat turbo prop jet seaplane.
- Experienced pilots fly you from Derby directly to Horizontal Falls.
- Strap in to our powerful 900hp boat, the fastest in the Kimberley.
- Be thrilled by an exhilarating ride through the falls with our experienced skipper.
- Settle back with a relaxing luxury cruise through spectacular untouched bays and creeks.
- Feast on our chef’s specially prepared Barramundi on the barbeque.
- Marvel in the breath-taking majesty of the unspoilt Kimberley.
- Refresh in the clear blue waters of Talbot Bay in the clear warm waters in the safety of our marine viewing enclosure.
- Get up close to the amazing marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Cameras at the ready to capture your exhilarating water take-off and the extraordinary aerial perspectives during your low level scenic seaplane flight back to Derby.
- Return to your accommodation with our courtesy bus at approximately 14.15pm.
- $800 per adult
- $700 per child
- $2695 family (2ad+2ch)
Transfers commence at 8am
Operates 8th May-29th Sep 2021 *Excludes neap tides
Tour Name: 1D Horizontal Falls Tour ex Derby
------ FULL DAY TOURS ------
Option 1: HORIZONTAL FALLS & CAPE LEVEQUE TOUR
This option is a rare opportunity to visit the world-renowned wilderness camp, ‘Kooljaman’ at Cape Leveque. The camp is owned and run by the Indigenous Bardi Jawi Communities and is famous for its astonishing diversity, pristine wilderness and unique landscape. Only a lucky few ever get to see this.
Enjoy a meal in the resort's restaurant, only accessible to guests of Kooljaman, stroll along the pristine white beaches and marvel at nature’s contrasts where ancient red cliffs meet the crystal blue of the Indian Ocean. You’ll then visit the Aquaculture Hatchery at One Arm Point for a fascinating tour. You’ll get insights into the Bardi Jawi Community’s age-old saltwater culture, the hatchery’s sustainable aquaculture production and the spectacular marine life in the area. Be tempted by special locally crafted souvenirs and be astounded at the stunning views.
Option 2: HORIZONTAL FALLS & CYGNET BAY PEARL FARM DISCOVERY TOUR
This option takes in the stunning white sands of Cape Leveque beach as well as a visit to Cygnet Bay for a fascinating tour of Australia’s oldest pearl farm.
Discover the history behind the famous pearling pioneer family as knowledgeable tour guides demonstrate a pearl harvest and provide a pearl appreciation session, giving a glimpse into this fully operational pearl farm. A delicious meal at the farm restaurant is included and you're sure to be tempted by the stunning gifts available directly from the farm.
Tour may be done as drive first/fly second or fly first/drive second depending on the itinerary offered on that day. When you go to book online, the site will show you what is available each day. If your first selection (eg Fly/Drive) doesn’t show as available on your preferred travel date, please try the reverse option (eg Drive/Fly). The same inclusions and activities are provided in both directions.
Sections of the 4WD trip may be bumpy as some of the roads are unsealed.
- Travel deep into the rugged red heart of the Kimberley on board our custom0built 4WD tour bus.
- Experience our 14-seater luxury seaplane where our experienced pilots take you on a scenic low level flight over the thousand islands of the romantic Buccaneer Archipelago.
- Be thrilled by a spectacular water landing on the calm waters of Talbot Bay right next to the Horizontal Falls.
- Be bowled over by low-flying views over Cable Beach and Broome before landing back at Broome airport.
- Enjoy a relaxing coffee or tea break.
- Explore either ‘Kooljaman’ at Cape Leveque and the aquaculture hatchery (option 1) or visit stunning Cape Leveque Beach and the Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm (option 2).
- Kick back on board our luxury houseboat for a delicious buffet breakfast or a lunch of locally sourced, expertly prepared by our talented hosts.
- Strap in for the ride of your life. Our experienced skipper will guide our 900hp fast boat through the incredible Horizontal Falls where steep cliffs meet powerful tides and nature defies logic.
- Relax and enjoy the tranquillity as you cruise untouched bays and creeks nearby.
- Cool off in the clear warm waters of the Indian Ocean in the safety of our marine viewing enclosure. Get up close to the local marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Be amazed by your smooth water take-off in our seaplane.
Pricing for OPTION 1 & 2
$950 per adult
$825 per child (4 - 12 years)
Transfers commence at 5.30am (Option 1) or 5.00am (Option 2)
Operates 8th Apr-14th Oct 2021 *Excludes neap tides
Tour name: 1D Horizontal Falls & Cygnet Bay Drive Fly Tour
NEW THOUSAND ISLAND & HORIZONTAL FALLS DAY TOUR (with Cultural Experience)
This is a NEW full-day tour option, with a difference. The exciting Thousand Island and Horizontal Falls Tour departs from Cape Leveque or Broome and incorporates a unique indigenous experience, all the activities at the Horizontal Falls and much more. If you’re looking for the best Horizontal Falls from Broome or Cape Leveque day trip, this tour has everything. It’s a memorable day of exciting contrasts.
Spectacular low-level seaplane flights over the thousand islands of the Buccaneer Archipelago, relaxed cruising, thrilling high speed boating through the unique Horizontal Falls, a fascinating cultural excursion, fishing, snorkelling and a delicious BBQ barramundi lunch. It’s a memorable day of exciting contrasts.
For a Broome day trip that highlights the best of Horizontal Falls and the Buccaneer Archipelago, our Thousand Island and Horizontal Falls Day tour is for you. Stimulate all your senses on this action-packed seven-hour tour. The Thousand Island and Horizontal Falls Day Tour showcases the best of the Buccaneer Archipelago and the Horizontal Falls.
Tours leave from either Broome or Cape Leveque (cost for the Broome Horizontal Falls day trip includes luxury return air transfers).
- Settle back on our 15 metre luxury cruiser at Cape Leveque for a one-hour scenic trip to Paradise Point through the thousand islands of the Buccaneer Archipelago.
- Immerse yourself in local history and customs during your cruise with your experienced guide from Jilinya Adventures.
- Grab a seat aboard our 14-seater turbo-prop jet seaplane for an exhilarating low level flight and water landing.
- Strap in for a heart-thumping thrill ride through the falls on the fastest boat in the Kimberley, piloted by our highly experienced skipper.
- Relax and enjoy a leisurely cruise through the stunning untouched bays and creeks nearby.
- Experience swimming in our marine viewing enclosure while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Explore the turquoise depths of Talbot Bay and feed the friendly fish. Snorkelling gear is provided.
- Feast on a delicious barramundi lunch from the barbeque.
- Fly low from Talbot Bay back to Paradise Point in our seaplane for more breath-taking views.
- Browse the art and craft gallery afterwards. You may even find a piece of traditional art to keep your special memories alive!
- Step back aboard our luxury vessel for your scenic island cruise to Cape Leveque.
The tour starts at Cape Leveque at 8.15am and returns at 3.30pm. All guests are required to meet at ‘Kooljaman’ at 7.30am for an 8.15am departure.
Ex CAPE LEVEQUE
Tour name: 1D Thousand Island Horizontal Falls Day Tour ex Cape Leveque
- $895 per adult
- $845 per child (4 - 12 years)
(includes flight from Broome to Cape Leveque)
Tour name: 1D Thousand Island Horizontal Falls Day
- $1075 per adult
- $1025 per child (4 - 12 years)
Transfers commence at 7.30am (ex Cape Leveque) or 6.00am (ex Broome)
Operates 7th Jun-27th Sep 2021 *Excludes neap tides
THOUSAND ISLAND ADVENTURE CRUISE (EX CAPE LEVEQUE) Full day
If you’ve already experienced the Horizontal Falls and are looking for a day of breathtaking scenery, stunning beaches and cultural immersion then why not spend the day with our guides on board our eco vessel!
This is a NEW full day tour option, with a difference.
Departing from Cape Leveque, you will be welcomed by a Bardi guide who will be introducing you to the magic of Bardi Country as we begin our cruise on board our luxurious, high speed, state of the art 15-metre eco vessel. As the open blue water gives way to the stunning Buccaneer Archipelago with its indented beaches and folded sandstone formations, soon we will be passing into Dambeemangarddee Country where your Dambeemangarddee guide will take over to lead you in exploring the secret spots and signature attractions.
Whilst on tour you will be able to explore the best of the sea and land, with our Aboriginal guides providing their deep knowledge of the land and living culture to you. You will experience a traditional welcome, smoking ceremony plus insight to the art, history and lifeways of the people who look after and protect this wild Kimberley coast.
Throughout the day you’ll enjoy beachcombing and swimming at some of the finest beaches in the world, including the magical Silica Beach. We will take you to our secret swimming spots, shuck some fresh oysters straight of the rocks, before stopping for a delicious lunch on board our luxury vessel. In the afternoon, sit back and relax as you cruise back to Cape Leveque taking in the picturesque scenery on the way.
- Enjoy a full day cruising through the stunning Buccaneer Archipelago
- Experience a traditional Ochre welcome and a smoking ceremony
- Explore the many beaches and bays that make up this pristine part of the Kimberley. Swimming, beachcombing and relaxing the day away!
- Immerse yourself in the fascinating history and culture as your guide tells you the many stories of their land
NOTE: THIS TOUR DOES NOT GO TO THE HORIZONTAL FALLS.
- $350 per adult
- $300 per child (4 - 12 years)
Transfers to the vessel commence at 7.30am from Kooljaman reception.
Operates 7th Jun-27th Sep 2021
------ OVERNIGHT TOURS EX DERBY------
HORIZONTAL FALLS OVERNIGHT TOUR (EX DERBY)
Our Horizontal Falls Derby Overnight tour is our most popular.
From thrilling scenic flights on low-flying seaplanes and heart-pumping rides on powerful boats to relaxed island cruising and the indulgent luxury of our unique houseboat accommodation, you’ll experience the majesty of the Kimberley like never before. From the moment you board your Derby flight to Horizontal Falls, you’ll feel your senses come alive.
The Horizontal Falls Derby overnight tour captures the breath-taking majesty of the vast Kimberley and the tranquillity of its untouched bays and creeks in an exciting package.
Thrilling sea plane flights from Derby take you right to the Horizontal Falls where our experienced skipper and the fastest boat in the Kimberley will be waiting. Jump aboard for a heart-pumping ride through the gorges, then kick-back on a relaxing cruise through tranquil bays and creeks.
Swimming and snorkelling in the clear blue waters of Talbot Bay are followed by an indulgent evening aboard our luxury houseboat. Sunset drinks on the deck, a barbecue dinner from our chef, star-gazing with a nightcap and a peaceful night in your air-conditioned cabin.
After a freshly cooked breakfast, it’s time to return to Derby on another scenic low level seaplane ride over the majestic Kimberley wilderness.
We guarantee you’ll leave wanting more!
- Be ready for a 14.15pm courtesy bus pick-up from your Derby accommodation.
- Take your seat on board our 14 seat turbo prop jet seaplane.
- Experienced pilots fly you directly to the Horizontal Falls.
- Be amazed by their skilled water landing in Talbot Bay.
- Strap in to our 900hp boat, the fastest in the Kimberley for an exhilarating Horizontal Falls experience.
- Feel exhilarated as your skipper guides the boat expertly through the rushing waters of the narrow gorges.
- Unwind as you cruise through spectacular untouched bays and creeks.
- Experience the thrill of swimming in our huge marine viewing enclosure, while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Relax in the privacy of your own air-conditioned cabin on board our luxury houseboat.
- Whet your appetite with snacks and sunset drinks on the deck.
- Tantalise your tastebuds with a dinner of freshly caught barramundi, cooked to perfection.
- Marvel at the expansive night sky.
- Wake up refreshed and enjoy an early morning breakfast.
- Get ready for your Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures return flight to Derby.
- Be enthralled by scenic low level flying across the King Sound, Cone Bay and the expanse of tidal flats.
- Land at Derby and our courtesy bus will return you to your accommodation at approximately 8.15am.
Enhance your experience with an exciting helicopter ride over Horizontal Falls! $175 for 10 minutes, book at the Falls.
This tour includes snacks, dinner and breakfast, soft drinks, water and tea and coffee. Guests are asked to bring their own alcohol.
- Ex- DERBY $975 per adult (double)
- Ex- DERBY $1395 per adult (single)
Transfers commence at 2pm
Operates 8th May-29th Sep 2021 *Excludes neap tides
Tour Name: 2D Horizontal Falls Overnight Tour
HORIZONTAL FALLS 24 HOUR STAY
Experience 24 hours of spectacular scenery and scintillating action in a compelling combination of adventure and luxury. Thrilling seaplane and helicopter flights, fast boat rides, an exclusive fishing charter, relaxed cruising through spectacular scenery and a night on our luxury houseboat with all meals included are just some of the unique experiences that make this Horizontal Falls overnight tour the best in the business. This 24-hour tour is only available from Derby.
HORIZONTAL FALLS SEAPLANE ADVENTURES 24 HOUR TOUR FROM DERBY
This is your ONLY chance to experience both the incoming AND the outgoing tide of the Horizontal Falls.
- Courtesy transfers from your accommodation in Derby.
- Start your Horizontal Falls Overnight tour with a thrilling flight on our 14 seater turbo-prop jet seaplane over the massive tidal plains, the rugged McLarty Ranges with an orbit over the Horizontal Falls.
- Experience an exhilarating water landing at Talbot Bay.
- Be thrilled by multiple rides on the fastest boat in the Kimberley through the narrow gorges and powerful rushing water of the Horizontal Falls.
- Relax as you cruise down Cyclone Creek taking in the spectacular rock formations and scenery.
- Land a big one during your exclusive guided fishing charter.
- Refresh in the cooling clear waters of Talbot Bay in our huge marine viewing enclosure, protected from sharks and crocodiles.
- Get up close with the amazing marine life while your guide points out the many species of fish and inquisitive sharks (snorkelling gear provided).
- Take an exhilarating helicopter scenic flight over the Horizontal Falls, another way to experience this natural wonder.
- Wind down after an action packed day. Return to Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures' luxury houseboat in the peaceful seclusion of Talbot Bay and relax in the comfort and convenience of your air-conditioned deluxe cabin.
- Savour sunset drinks and appetisers on the rooftop bar or relax in the private lounge.
- Feast on delicious meals from your exclusive 'Barrashack' hosts including the catch of the day and quality local produce.
- Marvel at one of the most incredible night skies you’ll ever see from our stargazing deck.
- Wake up to a delicious cooked breakfast before boarding the seaplane for your seaplane flight back to Derby.
NOTE: The Horizontal Falls Overnight Tour includes all tours, helicopter ride, exclusive fishing charter and complimentary coach transfers in Derby. Also included is lunch on arrival, snacks, dinner and breakfast on the morning of departure. Guests provide their own alcohol.
- DERBY $1590 per adult (double)
- DERBY $1990 per adult (single)
Transfers commence at 8.00am
Operates 6th Jun-16th Aug 2021 *Excludes neap tides
Please note: MARINE PARK FEES WILL BE ADDED ONTO THE COST OF TOUR BOOKING AND WILL NEED TO BE PAID SEPARATELY ONCE BOOKING IS CONFIRMED
Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures will not be operating on the following dates in 2021: